Find a career that is as unique as you are.
MCB is committed to the fair treatment of applicants and employees with equal employment opportunities. MCB recruits, hires, trains and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other factors protected by applicable laws. We welcome applications for employment from qualified disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era and other covered veterans.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact our HR Department at 714-230-3602.
Our application for employment is available via pdf. MCB does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications for employment without a current job posting.
Job Title: Property Preservation and Protection Specialist
Location: Huntington Beach, California 92649
Job Type – Full-Time
Years of Experience: 3-5 years
Educational Level: High School Graduate
Career Level – Experienced – Non-Exempt
Salary: Hourly $16.00 per hour depending upon experience
Benefits: Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, Colonial Life, 401K, Flex Spending, Vacation/Sick Benefits
About the Job:
Michaelson, Connor & Boul is seeking full-time Property Preservation and Protection Specialists to work in our Huntington Beach, California office. The P&P Specialists will review requests for preservation repairs and maintenance bids for residential properties to ensure supporting documentation is received and bids are within an allowable dollar threshold. The P&P Specialists will ensure that services are completed within an allotted timeframe. The P&P Specialists will determine if the scope of work is justified based on the types of damage, values of property and lengths of default left on a case by case basis. In addition, the Specialists will review work completion dates, documentation, and photos to determine if the service was completed as originally requested, was performed correctly or if services need to be reordered. The P&P Specialists will assist with other duties as needed.
Essential Job Duties:
- Reviews bid requests to determine approval, modification or denial
- Reviews timelines, data accuracy and quality of previous work
- Assesses service bid line items to determine possibility for further damage
- Reviews previously incurred costs and timelines
- When applicable, requests work completion photos and documentation; may escalate the view of previously uploaded work completion photos.
- Reviews bid amounts to ensure they are reasonable based on cost estimation tool , client parameters, and other internal allowable limits
- Tracks and reports issues and escalates as necessary to Supervisor and/or Manager
- Supports and assists other departments as needed.
- Requires 3+ years of experience working in any of the following fields: property preservation, maintenance, or residential construction/general contracting, mortgage/real estate services, repair bid reviews or similar skill set.
- Requires 3+ years of working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience working with cost estimation software a plus.
- Drug Screening and Background check required prior to employment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to show good judgment and initiative
- Organized and detail oriented
- Overtime may be required on an as-needed basis
- High School Graduate
- HUD/Fannie Mae experience a plus